Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account and taxes up-to-date. When we reconcile your account each month, you can…
• Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized electronic transactions.
• Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensure that transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
• Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
• Know how your business is doing… You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
• Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
• Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your business of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime does exist, and affects us all!